Appointments Preferred. Please Make Arrangements With Us.
May 9, 2022 - Back to the New Normal
Now we are accepting all walk-ins! We still encourage you to use our online scheduling system before your eye exam appointments. Thank you very much for your support and cooperation!
February 16, 2022 - Almost there
We are starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel! We are so blessed and thankful of being supported by our team, patients, vendors, governments and everyone else who is keeping good faith and following the public health protocols in the last two years to help the world pull through the pandemic. Although the job is not done yet, we are optimistic and ready for the upcoming challenges. No matter what happens in the future, we at PlusMa Eyewear & Optometrists will continue to provide excellent hospitality to serve you. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
June 21, 2021 - Stage 3 on Canada Day
Alberta government has announced that the province will enter stage 3 on July 1st. At this moment we still haven't been updated by our colleges or AHS regarding the new protocols and regulations. Regardless of the new rules, we have decided to remain operating on appointment-only basis. It's because we believe by doing this way we will not only maintain a higher standard to keep everyone safe but also provide more time to serve you better! Having said that, we will be more accommodating for walk-in visits depending on the situations. But scheduling an appointment/calling us l before your visits is strongly recommended.
Thank you very much for your support and understanding!!
March 29, 2021 - Still Here, Still Fighting COVID-19!
It has been over a year since the government declared the Pandemic. I think we can all agree everyone is feeling a little fatigue. But we also know the pandemic is definitely not over yet and so is our sanitation protocols. We have been strictly following all AHS protocols and guidelines while providing the best optometric and optical experience we could since the beginning. We wanted to reassure you that our focus on providing the utmost patient care and the determination on keeping everyone safe has never changed. Let's keep doing our best everyday and stop worrying about when is the pandemic going to end because it WILL happen!!
Thank you for the understanding and support during this time! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
September 8, 2020 - Extended Business Hours and MORE!
First of all, we really really appreciate your support since the pandemic! We couldn't have made this far without your supportive understanding and kind cooperation. We are also deeply sorry for the people who showed up at the door without an appointment that we had to reschedule them to come in at a later date.
As we're all getting more accustomed to the new normal, we have extended our operating hours and expanded the doctors' schedule! The new business hours are as follows:
Mon-Wed: 11 am-5 pm; Thu-Fri: 11 am-6 pm; And certain Saturdays: 11 am-5 pm.
For online scheduling click here.
We encourage you to schedule your appointment online before you come in but we know sometimes it's difficult to know your availability ahead of time. So now you can simply call us (403-452-7588) on the same day you want to come in and we will do our best to accommodate your request!
THANK YOU !
May 25, 2020 - New Online Booking System
We have decided to continue operating on an appointment-only basis. We are sorry for any inconvenience it may cause but we believe this is still the best way for us to ensure everyone's safety. For appointments, please check out our NEW and IMPROVED online scheduling system!
April 30, 2020 - Relaunch (Stage 1)
As per Alberta's relaunch strategy ( https://www.alberta.ca/alberta-relaunch-strategy.aspx ), it has allowed optometry clinics to offer routine eye exams in addition to urgent, critical and emergency care services starting on Monday, May 4, 2020.
In responding to this directive, our clinic has implemented an action plan by following the guidelines set by our governing colleges. Please read the following information if you plan to come visit us in the stage 1 phase.
We understand this may seem overwhelming for an eye exam but in this very time, we believe it's the best practice to ensure everybody's safety while serving your needs. We promise we will try to make your appointment as painless as possible. We hope what we are doing here will contribute a little effort towards the Alberta's relaunch plan.
Stay Safe and Healthy. Together We'll Make It Through!
March 15, 2020 - Pandemic
As the situation around the COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to evolve, we wanted to let you know that we have been diligently assessing the situation on a daily basis, and to share some details about how PlusMa Team is responding to the current situation.
We Encourage You To Stay Home
- This can be a difficult decision but we believe it is the best practice for the current situation.
We Remain Open By Appointment Only
- We are here for people who need to see.
- If you have already purchased the glasses and/or contact lenses, please make an appointment with us for pickup.
- If you do have to come in for urgent reasons (e.g. lost/broken glasses or need a backup pair of glasses in case all optometry/optical may have to close in the near future...etc.), we are still here to help you by appointment only.
- You can reorder your contact lenses without coming to the clinic. We can arrange free direct-to-patient shipping. Please call us for details.
- We do not do contact lens fitting at this time.
- We don't have optometrist services at this time. We may start taking urgent care only appointments after May 1st depending on the situation.
- If you have concerns regarding your eye condition, we will triage your situation over the phone and consult with our optometrists. If necessary, we will help you to find another clinic who can see you during this pandemic. Please try not to go to emergency room during this time unless it is absolutely necessary.
Things To Note Regarding Your Appointment
- If you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, in contact with people who traveled recently and/or under self-quarantine, you are not supposed to come.
- All persons coming to the clinic must wash/sanitize their hands (on site) before rendering any services.
- We don't mind you wear a mask and please don't mind we wear masks if needed.
- Social distancing is in effect - min. 1 m.
- We'll arrange 10 to 15 mins for pickups and up to 1 hour for buying a pair of glasses.
- Please obey your appointment time. If you arrive early, please wait outside or in the vehicle until we call you in. If we cannot finish the service within your appointment time, we will have to reschedule you at a later date unless there is no one scheduled after you.
- We try to space all appointments with minimum of 10 mins to sanitize all areas being used from the previous appointment.
- Please do not grab any frames or sunglasses by yourself. We will do it for you. We'll also set the frames/sunglasses you tried aside to be able to sanitize them later.
We Care More Than The Eyes
We care about your well being. We care about our staff and their families' well being. We care about human being.
This is a very difficult time and we as eye care professionals have to make difficult decisions based on our own situations and ethical judgement. Therefore we may be temporarily close in the near future if need be. Please contact us before your visit.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you for your kind understanding.
We will update new information periodically on this page in the future regarding our response to the COVID-19 situation. Please check back later for more information.